True innovation - WARM ALUMINIUM
WarmCore, an innovative aluminium folding sliding door system which incorporates a radically different product design approach to deliver a new high performance fenestration framing solution: “warm aluminium”.Designed from scratch starting with a clean sheet of paper, every ingle component has been concept sketched, detail designed, prototyped, tooled, trial installed and rigorously tested by Synseal’s unrivalled R&D team. True innovation - WARM ALUMINIUMWarmCore is a high quality aluminium folding sliding door solution with peerless thermal performance that ensures end-uscomfort, all year round.
Superior Thermal Performance
At the heart of WarmCore products is a thermal core which significantly out-performs the polyamide thermal breaks commonly used to reduce the threat of cold bridging on aluminium windows and doors. The result is an innovative “warm aluminium” frame construction, carefully dimensioned to provide an optimised 70mm front-to-back overall sash frame depth while ensuring market-leading thermal performance thanks to the multi-chambered insulating core.
Fully concealed multi-chambered cores substantially improve thermal performance when compared to thermally-broken aluminium doors:
U-value of 1.4 W/m2K with 28mm double glazing
U-value of 1.0 W/m2K with 44mm Triple glazing
WarmCore has been designed from the ground up to offer market leading thermal performance, protecting against future tightening of Building Regulations. Using standard double glazing the WarmCore folding sliding door achieves a U-value of 1.5, with U-values as low as 1.0 achievable using 44mm triple glazing. The advantage against traditional aluminium doors is clear, with many struggling to meet current legislation.
Precision-manufactured with a high quality surface finish and affording slim sightlines when installed, aluminium has become the material of choice for premium folding sliding door applications. WarmCore doors utilise a composite of materials to ensure an end product that is energy efficienct and recyclable combined with the premium quality, structural integrity and architectural design elegance of aluminium to create a product perfect for both residential and commercial building applications.
From the rollers to the handles to the corner assemblies, WarmCore displays an elegance of design that translates into a high performance installed product that looks outstanding
An attention to detail that goes as far as creating bespoke union mouldings for gaskets ensures WarmCore outperforms the competition
- - Folding sliding door leaves are triple-sealed with contact weatherstrip
- - Gaskets to eradicate draughts and ensure excellent weathertightness
- - Best-in-class weathertightness for all-year-round user comfort
- - Gasket corner mouldings for sash-to-frame and sash-to-sash applications use a push-fit design to neatly and positively couple with straight-cut gasket lengths for easy application, whilst avoiding any need to overrun
- - Gaskets to fill gaps between sashes
High Strength Construction
- - PAS24 and Secure By Design (SBD) compatibility as standard provides peace of mind for end users. WarmCore doors have been independently third party tested by a UKAS laboratory to prove impressive structural strength and security credentials
- - Double-strength sash corners are mechanically jointed and use a combination of internal aluminium cleats and a wrap-around corner moulding block to ensure secure rigidity and robustness in use
- - Custom-engineered extruded aluminium hinges are designed with security in mind
- - Hinges clip-fit for ease of on-site installation
- - Integral dog-bolt feature for high security
- - Multiple screw fixings are sited at the knuckle and in the main body
- - Run-through gasket grooves allow for continuous weather-seals
- - Robustly designed to take the weight of triple glazed units as standard
- - Custom-designed sash corner blocks cater for plain corner, shoot bolt, roller casting and pivot hinge applications and these hardware components ensure high quality installation and operational performance
- - Added reassurance for both installers and homeowners is delivered by our custom-designed hardware development partners who underwrite and provide an ERA “Five-Star” security guarantee against forced entry for a period of 10 years.
High security self-locating hinge shown to the right and Double pivot roller shown below to the right
Four external aluminium fascia designs deliver a range of classic aesthetics:
1. Pencil Round 2. Chamfered 3. Square 4. Decorative
WarmCore doors can be glazed with 28mm double glazed units or 44mm triple glazed units.Glazing can be carried out with a choice of aluminium beads for a neat internal finish:
- 1. Square all round (horizontals and verticals)
- 2. Chamfered (option for verticals)
- 3. Triple glazing uses 44mm TG bead all round (horizontals and verticals)
Four aluminium cladding colours are readily available from stock, providing 16 possible colour configurations to sell straight from stock including dual-colour options.